Quirky and Romantic Cotton Anniversary Gifts (2018)
Posted on 05 October 2018
Wedding anniversaries are a special time for each couple. Every year is a new opportunity to remind your partner just how important he/she is to you. Sometimes, it can be hard to find that perfect gift that says exactly what you want to say, especially early on in your marriage. After 2 years of marriage, you want your partner to know how important this last year was for you and how happy they’ve made you.
Are you looking for something special for your 2nd year anniversary and not sure where to look? Want to make sure you celebrate your cotton anniversary with something unique and extraordinary?
We know it can be hard, and we’ve got some ideas for you:
Quirky Cotton Anniversary Gifts
Your 2nd anniversary is fast approaching and you know you want to get your partner something unique. Nothing bland or standard -- no, it’s gotta be fun and quirky, just like you guys! Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Here are some cute and quirky cotton anniversary gifts for you and your partner:
1. Cotton Canvases are super awesome and there are a lot of different things you can do with them. For instance, at our custom cotton canvas shop, we can create so many different quirky cotton gifts for you and your loved one. In addition to word art canvases and photo & words canvases, we can also create personalized his and hers vows on canvas, custom star maps and custom nursery decor!
While all of these cotton canvas ideas are pretty awesome, what’s even cooler and quirkier is when you can record your own voice saying “I love you,” and then print the sound wave to go on a canvas! Imagine your partner’s face when he/she sees the personalized touch of your voice as a sound wave, reminding them you love them. Check out our Sound Wave Canvas for the perfect quirky cotton anniversary gift!
2. Ultra-Cozy Hammock for Two. It’s been a crazy year due to work or school or maybe even newborns (!!) and you and your boo just want to relax and enjoy each other’s company for a while. Hanging out in a cotton hammock and napping with your loved one is just the thing you two need. While there are lots of hammock options, this one in particular looks extra comfy. Sweet dreams, lovebirds.
3. Personalized Family Pillow. There are a lot of cool cotton anniversary gifts you could choose from, but personalized family pillows are so precious and really tell your partner you care about their comfort. While you’re sleeping in on the weekend in the arms of your partner, they will be reminded of the bond you share when they see a beautiful pillow, designed just for you two with your family name. Check it out here.
Though that’s sweet and all, maybe you’re looking for something even quirkier? You know you want to get a personalized pillow, and it definitely has to be one of those quirky cotton anniversary gifts. Well, we found a pillow that addresses the biggest problem in your relationship, in a cute way though. You know how she’s always over on your side of the bed? Yeah, we found a quirky cotton anniversary gift to show that. With this cotton anniversary gift, you can tell her you love her and care about her comfort while simultaneously hinting that maaaybe she should get on her side of the bed. In a cute way, though.
4. Reusable Cotton Coffee Filter. Is your spouse an avid coffee drinker and needs a jolt to start the day? Remind them you care about their caffeine addiction with this quirky cotton anniversary gift! Not only will you be celebrating two years together with this unique cotton gift, but you will also help them make superior coffee through the fine mesh of cotton. And, let’s face it, a better caffeinated and less grumpy partner = a happier you.
5. Cotton State String Art Map. With our partners, we’re always home. We could be anywhere in the world and as long as we have them, we’re doing okay. But then, when we settle down and start to build a home with our partner, we plant roots in a state or a city, someplace to raise kids. Or cats. Whoever you’re raising, there’s a location that means a lot to you both. For your 2nd year anniversary, consider getting this unique cotton anniversary gift: this cotton string map. You can place a heart over your city, your home -- a simple reminder to hang on your wall that this is where your family began.
6. Sole Mates Socks. So, you met your husband in P.E. in the 7th grade and you knew, from the first second you saw him in his dorky gym clothes that he was the guy for you. You dated and went to college together and travelled the world together and eventually got married. Or, maybe, you met your husband a few years ago on a cruise ship and you’ve been inseparable ever since and got married after 2 months of dating. However you met him, you knew: “This is my soulmate,” you said to yourself.
What better way to celebrate your 2nd year anniversary and remind him you’re soulmates than getting him these super quirky sole mate socks?! He is your soulmate and, now, your cotton sole mate!
7. Cottonelle. Nothing says “I love you” like some toiletries. No really -- after a few years together, you know each other and you know what you need most is to have your basic needs met. With some Cottonelle and maybe some really fancy cotton balls, the two of you will be set to tackle another year of marriage free of any unnecessary messes! If you’re looking for a cheap (and quirky!) cotton anniversary gift, Cottonelle toilet paper and wipes is the way to go.
Romantic Cotton Anniversary Gifts
Your first 2 years are up and you want to find that perfect romantic cotton anniversary gift to convey just how much you love your bae. If you’re looking for something a little more serious, something that says you want to rekindle some of that newlywed romance, we’ve gathered together a few luxurious items to help you surprise your partner.
Check out these romantic cotton anniversary gifts:
1. Egyptian Cotton. After 2 years of marriage, you are probably due for some new sheets. Creating a comfortable and relaxing home environment is crucial for a happy marriage, and what the cotton anniversary is all about! What better way to celebrate your 2nd year anniversary than with a luxurious egyptian cotton bedspread?! If you’re looking for a great way to spruce up the bedroom and relax with your partner, the high thread count and closely woven fabric of egyptian cotton sheets makes for an experience of grandeur and a hotel-like retreat.
2. Cotton-Scented Candles. While cotton sheets or pillows are nice, these products alone can’t create that homey feel you’re looking for. To create a continuous flow of comfort throughout your home, cotton-scented candles fill your home with the fresh scent of cotton and contribute to an environment of love and relaxation for you and your partner.
3. Cotton Dressing Gowns are a great couples gift for your cotton anniversary. After a long day at work, imagine cuddling up with your partner in some comfy cotton dressing gowns on the couch. The soft and luxurious feel will have you feeling relaxed instantly. If you want to make it extra special, you can get your names embroidered as a simple reminder of your connection to each other.
Maybe you don’t want to get one for yourself and just want one for the wifey! Check out this personalized wifey kimono. She will appreciate the gesture and will feel like royalty in this luxurious cotton gown.
4. Our Story So Far Timeline Print. Sometimes, we want to remind our partners of the bond we share not with pillows and blankets and candles, but with a visual representation of our journey together. A timeline print of important dates in your relationship acts as a simple, but effective method for expressing the love in your marriage.
What’s most important in your marriage is the journey you have embarked on together and the life you have begun to build. While cotton household items convey a sense of comfort and home, a timeline print of meaningful events tells the beginning of your story. After all, the cotton anniversary is about the increasing interconnectedness of you and your partner, and a print such as this visually represents how meaningful your bond really is.
5. Cotton Candy Champagne Cocktails. So, you’ve been married for 2 years now. What better way to celebrate than with some bubbly? Take a load off and sip on a delectable drink with your partner.
Romantic cotton anniversary gifts are only as good as the environment they create for you and your boo. If you’re envisioning a romantic afternoon with your partner, cotton candy champagne cocktails paired with some extravagant appetizers will definitely create the mood you’re looking for.
6. Cotton Necktie. A gift just for him might just be the simple gesture you need for your cotton anniversary. There are a lot of romantic cotton anniversary gifts you could choose from, but sometimes, the most thoughtful gifts are ones of everyday value. A cotton necktie not only lets him know you care about your special day together, but also that you care about every day with him. Give him the gift of daily comfort and he will feel your love consistently grow.
Now that you got some great cotton anniversary gift ideas, we’ll give you a little background on the significance of the cotton anniversary:
What is the Cotton Anniversary?
The tradition of giving specific anniversary gifts according to the number of years a couple has been together goes back to the Middle Ages. Though no one really knows when themed anniversary gifts started, most people agree it became popular during the Victorian Era (1800’s) in the United Kingdom.
Traditionally, the cotton anniversary is the 2nd year anniversary. As a 2nd year anniversary gift, cotton can symbolize a number of things. For instance, since cotton fibers are known to be adaptable and strong when woven together, it is believed that cotton anniversary gifts represent the couple’s growing attachment and comfortability with one another. For a couple going through their second year of marriage, a few bumps in the road are not uncommon and can ultimately serve to tighten those budding bonds.
That is cotton’s significance: as a couple embarks on the journey of marriage, they continuously learn of the other’s quirks and love the other all the more for it. Cotton anniversary gifts symbolize the growing interconnection of the romantic partners and the bonds we weave with the ones we love.
There are many comparisons we can make between cotton and a romantic relationship:
- Cotton is versatile. Similarly, in romantic relationships we must be adaptable and allowing for change in order for growth.
- When woven together, individual cotton strands create a more durable fabric. This is equally true for romantic partners: as you grow over time with one another, your lives become increasingly intertwined and the bond can’t easily be broken.
- Cotton absorbs water, “breathes” and can withstand heat. Your romantic relationship is just the same! The love that bonds you two together can outlive any challenges you may face.
Cotton anniversary gifts are especially important for that 2nd year in marriage because they convey a sense of home. Just think of being wrapped in a fluffy cotton blanket and gazing out of your bedroom window (framed by soft cotton drapes!) at night -- the desire to build a comfortable and lasting home together is naturally growing at this phase in your marriage.
Hope you got some great ideas for your 2nd year anniversary and learned a little bit about the importance of the cotton anniversary.
Now go relax with your boo!